Job Summary The primary responsibility of the Senior Maintenance Technician is to oversee all building-related activities at Project HOME properties. The position will be responsible for preserving the good condition of infrastructure and ensure that the facilities are safe and well-functioning. This position will manage maintenance and janitorial staffs ensuring the properties remain in compliance with local, state and federal regulations. This position will assist the Director of Facilities and Sustainability to provide technical support and training to our Maintenance Staff and in the management of capital improvement projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Manage the buildings to Project HOME standards
· Supervise (technicians, custodians) and external contractors at 5 sites
· Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
· Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards, coordinating system repairs
· Maintain adequate parts inventory and order items as necessary
· Ensure compliance with all safety and security protocols
· Develop and manage relationships with commercial tenants
· Coordinate with the Director of Facilities and Sustainability on the implementation of property improvement projects
· Assist Director of Facilities and Sustainability in providing technical support and training to the maintenance technicians
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background clearance and drug screen required.
· 3+ years’ hands on experience working on Commercial HVAC Equipment
· Strong understanding of inventory control systems
· Prior experience with complex electrical, mechanical and building automation systems
· Demonstrated leadership skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Valid driver's license, personal vehicle to travel between sites (mileage reimbursement available)
· Tools to perform assigned tasks
· Experience in commercial facilities
· HVAC trade school certification and CFC certification
Additional Salary Information: Project HOME offers a comprehensive benefit package, including paid time off (holiday, vacation, personal, sick time), health benefits (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts), 401k with employer match, and sabbatical time off program.
The mission of the Project HOME community is to empower adults, children, and families to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty, to alleviate the underlying causes of poverty, and to enable all of us to attain our fullest potential as individuals and as members of the broader society. We strive to create a safe and respectful environment where we support each other in our struggles for self-esteem, recovery, and the confidence to move toward self-actualization.